Characters and Characterization in the Gospel of John is Here!
My book, Characters and Characterization in the Gospel of John arrived today and is now available in the UK (order here). Apparently the e-book is also available. I’m sure you will want to pick up several copies to give out as Easter gifts. What better gift could your child find in his/her Easter basket on that joyous morn?
Here’s the table of contents:
1. Characters and Characterization in the Gospel of John: Reflections on the Status Quaestionis – Christopher W. Skinner
Part One: Methods and Models for Reading Johannine Character
2. A Narrative Critical Approach to the Fourth Gospel – James L. Resseguie
3. The Weave of the Tapestry: Character and Theme in John – R. Alan Culpepper
4. A Comprehensive Approach to Understanding Character in the Gospel of John – Cornelis Bennema
5. Eyewitness Testimony and the Characters in the Fourth Gospel – Judith Christine Single Redman
6. ‘Who Are You?’ Comparison/Contrast and Fourth Gospel Characterization – Raymond F. Collins
7. Three Ambiguities: Historical Context, Implied Reader, and the Nature of Faith – Susan E. Hylen
8. Misunderstanding, Christology, and Johannine Characterization: Reading John’s Characters Through the Lens of the Prologue – Christopher W. Skinner
Part Two: Johannine Character Studies
9. The Fourth Gospel’s Characterization of God: A Rhetorical Perspective – Stan Harstine
10. John the Baptist: Witness and Embodiment of the Prologue in the Gospel of John – Sherri Brown
11. Theological Complexity and the Characterization of Nicodemus in John’s Gospel – Craig R. Koester
12. The Woman of Samaria: Her Characterization, Narrative and Theological Significance – Mary L. Coloe
13. Martha and Mary: Levels of Characterization in Luke and John – Dorothy A. Lee
14. ‘Whom Jesus Loved’: Anonymity and Identity. Belief and Witness in the Fourth Gospel – David R. Beck
15. The Character of Pilate in the Gospel of John – Cornelis Bennema
I think that’s a pretty good lineup (if I do say so myself).